Mets outfielder Scott Hairston has just hit for the cycle tonight in Colorado. He is the 10th Mets player to record a cycle in team history and the first to accomplish the feat since Jose Reyes did it on June 21, 2006 against the Cincinnati Reds.
Hairston started things off with a single in the second inning, a home run in the fourth, a triple in the fifth inning and finally a double in the top of the sixth inning.
Congratulations to Scott!
Mets Who Hit For Cycle
- August 7, 1963 – Jim Hickman vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- July 6, 1970 – Tommie Agee vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- June 25, 1976 – Mike Phillips vs. Chicago Cubs
- July 4, 1985 – Keith Hernandez vs Atlanta Braves
- August 1, 1989 – Kevin McReynolds vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- July 3, 1996 – Alex Ochoa vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- September 11, 1997 - John Olerud vs. Montreal Expos
- July 29, 2004 – Eric Valent vs. Montreal Expos
- June 21, 2006 – Jose Reyes vs. Cincinnati Reds
- April 27, 2012 – Scott Hairston vs. Colorado Rockies