Francisco Battling Sore Knee All Spring?
According to Mike Puma of the NY Post had the following blurb in a report this morning about closer Frank Francisco:
Frank Francisco limped across the parking lot and told an observer he’s battling a toe problem, but manager Terry Collins said the reliever has dealt with a sore knee all spring.
Francisco is having one of the worst springs of any player on the team and is 0-2 with a 5.54 ERA in Grapefruit League play for the Mets. That’s not exactly what you want to see from your biggest offseason signing of the Winter at two years, $12 million dollars.
This is like the third or fourth time this spring, that a poor performance is suddenly linked to a previously never reported injury. (Pelfrey, Byrdak)
It’s a bid odd and only shows that the way this team communicates player injuries hasn’t changed much in the last five years.
I also find it interesting that these players are still participating in games, drills and workouts on top of these injuries, it really makes no sense.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
12 Comments + Add Comment
- Donal: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Well, there is the whole butt loads...
- Connor O'Brien: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: Yes because that's what major league teams...
- Connor O'Brien: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: I would reccomend reading Brian Joura's full...
- Alex68: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: are you a reject, a PO's and...
- Coach Mike: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: How come the Mets, Dodgers, and Angels...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!