Daniel Herrera Out For Season, Will Undergo Tommy John Surgery
Daniel Herrera will undergo Tommy John Surgery and miss the remainder of the season, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
Herrera, 27, made 16 relief appearances last season and had a 1.13 ERA after joining the Mets as a player to be named in the Francisco Rodriguez trade with the Milwaukee Brewers. He was removed from the 40-man roster during the offseason and remained with the organization. Herrera had tossed six innings with Triple-A Buffalo this season before the left elbow difficulty sidelined him.
That’s too bad, he was very effective for the Mets last season and it was nice to know we had him in reserve in case we needed him.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
5 Comments + Add Comment
- mailman: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The mets not as smart as you...
- Dave In Spain: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: Interesting observations. It´ll be interesting to see...
- Al: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: He should just go away
- Metsie: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: If the answer to every player's struggles...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Its no longer a rescue its now...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!