Daniel Herrera Out For Season, Will Undergo Tommy John Surgery
Daniel Herrera will undergo Tommy John Surgery and miss the remainder of the season, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.
Herrera, 27, made 16 relief appearances last season and had a 1.13 ERA after joining the Mets as a player to be named in the Francisco Rodriguez trade with the Milwaukee Brewers. He was removed from the 40-man roster during the offseason and remained with the organization. Herrera had tossed six innings with Triple-A Buffalo this season before the left elbow difficulty sidelined him.
That’s too bad, he was very effective for the Mets last season and it was nice to know we had him in reserve in case we needed him.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
5 Comments + Add Comment
- Peter S.: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Please pass on all these guys.
- Captain America: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: I am a mets fan who hates...
- Captain America: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: Who are the "mediocre" players I mentioned...
- Captain America: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: Because the franchise is building around large,...
- WilponsStink: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: They better not trade Ike and/or Murph...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!