Bryce Harper: Ready Or Not Here He Comes
After placing third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation, the Nationals promoted Bryce Harper from Class AAA Syracuse today .
The 19-year-old will make his major league debut Saturday at Dodger Stadium.
The Nationals made the final decision this afternoon, after Zimmerman visited a doctor in Los Angeles, who confirmed that the third baseman needed to rest his inflamed AC joint in his left shoulder.
“We thought that we needed to bring in an impactful left-handed bat,” said Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo of Harper.
Harper, the first overall pick in the 2010 draft, batted .286 in nine spring training games for Washington.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
5 Comments + Add Comment
- oleosmirf: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: I watched Flores play 2B in spring...
- Hawk: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Please send Tejada down with Ike.
- Dave Willins: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Enough of TC bungling already. Let's please...
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Shh. And don´t tell them that Alderson...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!