Breaking News: Jason Bay Placed On DL, Mets Call Up Zach Lutz
The New York Mets today announced the team placed outfielder Jason Bay on the 15-Day Disabled List with a nondisplaced fracture of a rib on the left side and recalled infielder Zach Lutz from Buffalo (AAA) of the International League.
Bay, 33, is hitting .240 (12-50) with three home runs and five RBI in 15 games this season. He underwent a MRI at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan this morning that revealed the injury.
Lutz, 25, hit .333 (21-63) with three home runs and 10 RBI in 19 games for the Bisons. The 6-1, 222-pound native of Reading, PA, was the Mets’ fifth-round pick in the 2007 First-Year Player Draft.
A fractured rib?
Knowing Bay’s history he’ll be out for three months at least. He’s a slow healer.
Get back soon Jason, we need your potent bat in the middle of our lineup…
About the Author: Rob Johnson
33 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Isn't it telling that you had to...
- Mike Jones: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Do pervy old people typically change the...
- Matt Mosher: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Trading Dickey for that package was a...
- Aaron: on Reds vs Mets: Marcum Takes The Hill, Ankiel Batting Second, Duda Cleanup: Gone! 3-3. Cueto and Marcum both struggling. This...
- Connor O'Brien: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Wow...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!