Tim Byrdak Out 6 Weeks, Josh Edgin Moves To Major League Camp
Updated 1:45 PM
The Mets have just announced that Tim Byrdak is expected to be out for six weeks, and that LHP Josh Edgin is moving to major league camp.
Good news for Edgin.
Here is an MMO Exclusive Interview our own Pete Shapiro conducted with Josh Edgin last month.
Original Post 10:00 AM
Left-handed reliever Tim Byrdak will have surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee, a team official has confirmed.
Byrdak had been complaining of a sore knee that has bothered him the last few weeks.
He was sent to New York this morning for further testing at the Hospital For Special Surgery in Manhattan.
Surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday (tomorrow).
Byrdak was the only left-handed reliever who was assured of a bullpen spot. Now they Mets must choose between Daniel Herrera, Garrett Olson, Chuck James and prospect Robert Carson, neither of whom were expected to make the team.
There is also a chance that C.J. Nitkowski will be signed, but he has not pitched in the majors in almost seven years.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
129 Comments + Add Comment
- frank g: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Blunder Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Madoff did it with smoke and mirrors....
- Sixxis: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Blunder Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Sorry, but David Wright is in no...
- mailman: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The mets not as smart as you...
- Dave In Spain: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: Interesting observations. It´ll be interesting to see...
- Al: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: He should just go away
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!