Mets Continue To Keep Tabs On Chris Young… WHY?
Ken Davidoff reports that the Mets continue to keep tabs on starter Chris Young. He is seeking a Major League deal, although Mets prefer a minor league deal.
I just don’t see the point in having him return. He didn’t pitch for the majority of the last season and missed almost the entire season in 2010.
Yeah I get that he pitched well in the beginning of last season for us, but it was only for 5 starts. If Sandy adds him to the minor league roster, he will be doing so because he wants to add starting pitching depth. Can someone please explain to me why you would want to add an injury prone pitcher for depth? If you are bringing in someone to fill in if one of your starters get injured, doesn’t it make sense for you to sign someone who is durable?
Signing Young is a low risk, potentially high reward fill-in option. It doesn’t hurt us to make this move, but I just don’t think it is worth it in the end. There is no reason to believe he is going to stay healthy, so to me it just makes more sense to sign someone who will be there when you need him.
About the Author: Dan Valis
I am a staff writer for Mets Merized Online. I am a Mets team analyst with a focus on the minor league system, as well as the major league club. I am a lifelong New Yorker who was born and raised to be a Mets fan. The ups and downs of being a Mets fan is what makes following this team so much fun, but at times so frustrating. You can follow me on Twitter @BgAppleMetsTalk.
49 Comments + Add Comment
- Des: on Mets Will Meet With Agents For John Axford and Kevin Gregg: Murphy is a keeper. He's too...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: I call you having a double standard...
- mets/jets70: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: the mets have spent close to 38...
- Hatt Marvey: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Just think about how much Keith is...
- Hatt Marvey: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Hes been on the DL running over...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!