Beato Has Right Rotator Cuff Inflammation
An MRI this morning revealed that reliever Pedro Beato has right rotator cuff inflammation, but no structural damage in his right shoulder.
A team spokesman said that he will begin light throwing as early as Friday. This is good news of course and a couple of days of rest should do the trick.
Beato was removed from Tuesday’s game against the Cardinals with stiffness in his right shoulder.
Original Post 3/7
Pedro Beato will have an MRI on his right shoulder in Florida, according to Andy Martino of the Daily News. Beato left yesterday’s game against the Cardinals with what was called stiffness in his right shoulder. He did not believe the problem was serious.
After Pedro Beato took the mound for his warm-up pitches yesterday, Mets manager Terry Collins saw something was wrong with his mechanics which led him to believe that the reliever was injured.
Beato ended up facing just two Cardinals’ batters before he was finally removed with what the Mets are calling right-shoulder stiffness. Both Beato and Collins blamed the stiffness on the windy conditions at Digital Domain Park, and neither of them believed it was anything serious.
“It’s Spring Training, so you’re going to feel tight while throwing, especially at the beginning of the year,” Beato said. “It just wouldn’t loosen up.”
It was no sure thing that Beato would secure a spot in the bullpen, but at the very least he was looked upon as someone who could provide some depth and would have certainly been on call at the first sign of trouble in the bullpen.
We’ll keep you posted.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
13 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- TexasGusCC: on With Ike Davis Struggling, What Are The Mets’ Options?: Metsie, everything you said is cool, but...
- TexasGusCC: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Because Collins has a thing for Baxter....
- Keith's Moustache: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Why did Collins bring in Mike Baxter...
- Metsie: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: No Sid it doesn't take time....It takes...
- Metsie: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: It's not public relations Joey... It's an attempt...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!