Andres Torres Leaves Game With Leg Injury, Updates On Hairston and Wright
Center fielder Andres Torres left tonight’s game in the third inning with an apparent injury to his left calf. Backup outfielder Adam Loewen, who is trying to win a job on the Mets’ bench, replaced Torres in the the game.
Meanwhile, in other injury related news, Scott Hairston called his first major workout since straining his left oblique muscle a “success”. Although he did not swing a bat, he did some jogging and participated in pre-game drills with his teammates. The Mets are taking things very cautious with Hairston who is hoping to avoid the DL to start the season.
David Wright is also making some slow and steady progress, but is days away from playing in Grapefruit League games according to Terry Collins. An abdominal muscle tear has wiped out most of Wright’s spring thus far, but he might be able to start playing games by this weekend, and no later than early next week.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
6 Comments + Add Comment
- Hitman: on MLB Scout On Davis: Would Have Been Better Served Going To Minors Last Season: Someone should tell that scout to relay...
- Hotstreak: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Please rememeber in two other organizations TC...
- Alex68: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: 1 out of 50+ players he's brought...
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Yeah like wasting a season is not...
- philipag: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Yes, good points. I mean if one...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!