Wright Ranked #4 Among All MLB Third Basemen
MLB.com released their 2012 Fantasy Baseball Preview and among their top 100 players, they ranked the Mets’ David Wright No. 19. overall. Wright also was ranked the 4th best third baseman behind Jose Bautista, Hanley Ramirez and Evan Longoria.
If Wright can put up a season like they project, he’s going to command at least a five year, $100 million dollar contract. Should the Mets decline his $16 million option and give him an extension like that? I’d say yes, but that’s assuming he’s still a Met after next season.
In case you were wondering, Jose Reyes was ranked two spots ahead of Wright at No. 17. Here are their top ten fantasy players for 2012…
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
174 Comments + Add Comment
- Metsie: on Can The Mets Turn This Sinking Ship Around Before It’s Too Late: NO! Because it was already too late...
- Hotstreak: on Can The Mets Turn This Sinking Ship Around Before It’s Too Late: SA is the captain and he is...
- srt: on Can The Mets Turn This Sinking Ship Around Before It’s Too Late: The majority of the blame goes to...
- Dave In Spain: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: Alex, nobody needs to do a post...
- Gene S.: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: Typical geeky English major Mets reporters who...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!