I recently did a Top 20 Mets Prospect List of my own which you can check out at my other site, St. Lucie To Flushing.
Not so different then many others you’ve probably read. However I do have one guy higher than most people and that is SS Philip Evans. He was drafted in the 15 round of last years draft. Many teams were scared off by his strong commit to San Diego State. He has the potential to be a MLB SS/2B one day in my opinion. His swing is very balanced and he has tremendous patience at the plate for his age. His sky is the limit.
Anyways Spring Training is right around the corner. While there is not much to look forward to in the majors this season it should be nice to see how our prospects develop of the farm. I eagerly anticipate watching Matt Harvey on TV vs. MLB Hitters in ST. Should be a early preview of what we may have awaiting us on the farm. Not to mention fireballer Jeurys Familia is also coming to camp and should generate some serious buzz.
Incidentally, Joe DeMayo also posted his 2012 Mock Draft 1.0, here are the top 12 picks:
- Houston Astros – RHP Mark Appel – Stanford
- Minnesota Twins – OF Byron Buxton – Appling County HS (GA)
- Seattle Mariners – SS Deven Marrero – Arizona State
- Baltimore Orioles – RHP Lucas Giolito – Harvard Westlake HS (CA)
- Kansas City Royals – RHP Kevin Gausman – LSU
- Chicago Cubs – RHP Chris Beck – Georgia Southern
- San Diego Padres – SS Carlos Correa – Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
- Pittsburgh Pirates – C Mike Zunino – Florida
- Miami Marlins – OF Victor Roache – Georgia Southern
- Colorado Rockies – LHP Max Fried – Harvard Westlake HS (CA)
- Oakland Athletics – C Stryker Trahan – Acadiana HS (LA)
- New York Mets – 3B Trey Williams – Valencia HS (CA)
Check out St Lucie To Flushing for the rest of the draft as well as new player profiles on prospects Jack Leathersich and Zack Wheeler.