Nationals Sign Edwin Jackson
The Nationals have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent starting pitcher Edwin Jackson. The right-hander flew to Washington today for his physical after which the deal should be officially announced by the team.
Jon Heyman reports that deal is believed to be worth $8 million to $12 million dollars.
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports first reported that the Nationals were targeting Jackson for a one-year deal and also says the Nationals are “aggressively shopping” left-hander John Lannan in order to free up some salary and make room for Jackson.
Jackson, 28, had received multiple three-year offers, sources say, but if he accepted a one-year deal, he could go back on the market next offseason.
Last season, Jackson went 12-9 with the Tigers and Cardinals with a 3.79 ERA in 32 starts.
Great move by the Nats who bolster an already formidable rotation…
About the Author: Rob Johnson
52 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- Joey D.: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: AND THE PLAN FOR THE FUTURE WAS...
- Metstheory22: on Atlanta Braves Broadcaster Shows Little Class During Matt Harvey At Bat: I'm sure Met fans said worse about...
- Corporal Klegg: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Alderson put together this staff? Really? How...
- El Sid: on Matt Harvey: The Mets’ Number One Badass: An alpha male is not your "friend."...
- Vinny B.: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: IFA's always take a long time to...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!