METS LAUNCH “50 DAYS TO 50” PROMOTION ON TWITTER
“50 DAYS TO 50” TWITTER CONTEST
TO CELEBRATE START OF 50TH ANNIVERSARY SEASON
Tickets, Autographed Memorabilia, Unique Experiences Among 50 Prizes
For Fans Every Day Through Opening Day, April 5
The New York Mets today announced the launch of “50 Days to 50” on Twitter to celebrate the franchise’s 50thAnniversary season. Tickets, autographed memorabilia and unique experiences are among the 50 prizes for fans every day through Opening Day, April 5. The Mets will award Opening Day tickets as the final prize of the countdown.
The campaign, which starts today at Twitter.com/Mets, will consist of daily trivia questions and games related to Mets history and the 2012 season. There will be different prizes every day including tickets to Mets games, autographed memorabilia, unique experiences at Citi Field, and game-used merchandise.
Fans must follow the Mets on Twitter (@Mets) in order to participate in the promotion. A trivia question or retweet request will be posted daily and fans must include #Mets50 in their response to be eligible to win. Winners will be contacted by the Mets via Twitter.
“The Mets 50th Anniversary season is all about the fans,” said Dave Howard, Executive Vice President, Business Operations. “This promotion is one of the ways we are showing our appreciation for Mets fans who have supported the franchise throughout the years. It pulls together the team’s past, present and future.”
Today’s announcement of the “50 Days to 50” Twitter promotion is the latest in a series of commemorative programs tied to the season-long celebration that includes the unveiling of a commemorative logo and redesigned uniforms, the return of Banner Day, the launch of the Mets50.com web site focusing on Mets fans and their memories, and the 50th Anniversary Alumni Bobblehead Series.
The complete list of prizes featured in the “50 Days to 50” promotion is listed on Mets.com and attached.
“50 DAYS TO 50” PRIZES!
1. Opening Day (April 5)
2. Banner Day (May 27)
3. Subway Series (June 22)
4. John Franco Hall of Fame Induction Day (June 3)
5. Tom Seaver Bobblehead Giveaway (April 22)
6. Rusty Staub Bobblehead Giveaway (May 26)
7. Keith Hernandez Bobblehead Giveaway (June 17)
8. Edgardo Alfonzo Bobblehead Giveaway (July 21)
9. Mike Piazza Bobblehead Giveaway (August 25)
10. Tickets to all 5 Bobblehead Series Giveaway Days
11. Champions Club (food and beverage included)
12. Party Deck (food & beverage included)
13. David Wright signed baseball
14. Terry Collins signed baseball
15. Jason Bay signed baseball
16. R.A. Dickey signed baseball
17. Ike Davis signed baseball
18. Mike Pelfrey signed baseball
19. Josh Thole signed baseball
20. Dillon Gee signed baseball
21. Bobby Parnell signed baseball
22. Keith Hernandez signed baseball
23. Daniel Murphy signed photo
24. Jonathon Niese signed photo
25. Lucas Duda signed photo
26. Signed Mets Spring Training Stool
27. Watch Mets batting practice on the field
28. Photo with your favorite Mets player
29. Personalized Citi Field tour
30. Scoreboard welcome and photo
31. Meet Mr. Met
32. Skip Shake Shack line & $20 gift card
33. Game-worn Mets jersey
34. Game-used bat
35. Game-used base from Citi Field inaugural season
36. Player-issued clubhouse gear
37. Player-issued personalized luggage tags
38. Player-issued locker nameplates
39. Mets 50th Anniversary Fanwalk Brick
40. Complete 50th Anniversary Bobblehead Series
41. Subscription to 2012 Mets Magazine
42. 2012 Mets Yearbook
43. 2012 Mets Media Guide
44. 1973 Mets Yearbook
45. 1986 Mets Scrapbook
46. Program from the final game at Shea
47. Spring Training Opening Day tickets (March 5)
48. Spring Training Mets-Cardinals tickets (March 24)
49. Spring Training Subway Series tickets (April 3)
50. St. Patrick’s Day Mets green jersey
If you’ve been holding out on joining Twitter, I urge you to join in and join the Mets 50th Anniversary Celebration!
You can also follow @Metsmerized by clicking here! 3,585 Mets Fans and Growing!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
1 Comment + Add Comment
- chago: on Curtis Granderson Agrees To Four Year, $60 Million Deal With Mets: All right Jeff , congratulations we get...
- Fonzie13: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: That's exactly right Doobs. Even Beltran's biggest...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Hi Joey D., considering where the Mets...
- Fonzie13: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: Not sure if this is right but...
- DrDooby: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Beltran is one of the five best...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!