Wright Seen As A One-Year Rental And Injury Risk
Paul Hoynse of the Cleveland Plain Dealer fielded a question about the Tribe dealing for David Wright in his mailbag feature.
Hey, Hoynsie: Just was watching the MLB Network and they suggested the Tribe make a run at David Wright. Matching Lonnie Chisenhall and a couple young pitchers such as David Huff and Corey Kluber could match up well. – Chris Zanon, Canton
Hey, Chris: Like David Wright, don’t like his contract. He’ll make $15 million in 2012 and is eligible for free agency in 2013. Hate to lose Chisenhall for a one-year rental. One more thing, Wright played only 102 games last year because of a stress fracture in his back. Back injuries and the hot corner don’t co-exist. Just ask Joe Crede.
With the potential for trading Wright a likely possibility for the Mets in 2012, it will be interesting to see how other baseball markets view the Mets third baseman.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
96 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And Connor? the RBI is AWARDED to...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: And your completely missing the point that...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Let us all know when you have...
- Paul: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: In 2+ years, every Mets fan thinks...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: No what IS telling however is you...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!