Mets To Sell 10 Shares Of Team
According to Steven Marcus of Newsday, the Mets expect to complete the sale of ten minority shares of the team at $20 million each by the end of February.
It previously was believed that the Mets would close on a minimum of four units by the end of January. No reason was given for the new timetable or whether the closings would take place at the same time. None of the potential investors has been revealed. Major League Baseball has been involved in vetting the partial owners.
Earlier this month, principal owner Fred Wilpon expressed optimism about the process, but the Mets Monday had no comment on when the new investors will be in place.
I’m almost certain Joe D. will weigh in on this today, he’s been saying all along that all ten shares would be sold before the season started.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
28 Comments + Add Comment
- Dave A.: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: I think the big moves are probably...
- El Sid: on This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: Random Thoughts On Granderson: Cliff Floyd is a good comparison. Solid...
- Skip: on Mets Have Inquired About Johan Santana: If he can't teach one of our...
- Upsetmet: on Putting SS Erisbel Arruebarruena In Context: True but making a trade shouldn't be...
- El Sid: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: There is no denying that Ike Davis...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!