Joe Torre Resigns MLB Job To Join Group Trying To Buy Dodgers
Joe Torre has resigned as Major League Baseball’s executive vice president for baseball operations to join a group trying to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Torre managed the Dodgers from 2008-10, then retired and joined MLB last February as a top aide to Commissioner Bud Selig.
The Dodgers have been put up for sale by owner Frank McCourt, who put the team into bankruptcy last year as he battled former team executive Jamie McCourt in divorce court.
Initial bids for the team are due Jan. 23.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
15 Comments + Add Comment
- Tommy Med: on Latest On Ike Davis: Mets and Brewers Talked, Nothing Is Imminent: I don't see the Brewers as a...
- JJ: on MMO Exclusive: Joe Torre Reflects On His Time With The Mets and Yankees: He ruined John Stearns career!
- Sloatsburg Mets Fan: on Latest On Ike Davis: Mets and Brewers Talked, Nothing Is Imminent: Why is my comment being moderated?
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Relievers which the Mets don't need. Pushing hard...
- Sloatsburg Mets Fan: on Roy Halladay Announces Retirement: BBLB, Part of me would love that to...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!