Joe Torre Resigns MLB Job To Join Group Trying To Buy Dodgers
Joe Torre has resigned as Major League Baseball’s executive vice president for baseball operations to join a group trying to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Torre managed the Dodgers from 2008-10, then retired and joined MLB last February as a top aide to Commissioner Bud Selig.
The Dodgers have been put up for sale by owner Frank McCourt, who put the team into bankruptcy last year as he battled former team executive Jamie McCourt in divorce court.
Initial bids for the team are due Jan. 23.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
15 Comments + Add Comment
- Hotstreak: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: This is a question for you or...
- Neil: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: "Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited...
- El Sid: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: At least Tejada is a good defender...
- El Sid: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: Bring Cowgill up and send Lagares down....
- Mr North Jersey: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: Capt Kirk has been busy with his...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!