30 Days, 30 Reasons To Keep Watching
Only 30 days until pitchers and catchers report and then head down to Duffy’s for one of their signature burgers and some seasoned fries. The news this offseason hasn’t been all good, in fact it’s been mostly negative. But don’t blame us, blame the Mets’ circumstances that gave us plenty to debate in what was a very cold hot stove season that saw us lose one of the team’s most popular players in Jose Reyes coupled with an infusion of players most of us never heard of before last season.
Even so, it’s time to get into rooting shape. It’s time to break out all that Mets gear you have buried in your closets and drawers and breathe some new life into them. Mets Baseball is coming back and we want to make sure we’re as ready to root for the players as the players are to play for us. After all, we’re Mets fans and we’re just as amazin’ as the team we love to cheer for no matter how bad things are. It’s in our DNA!
Here are 30 more reasons to stay dialed in…
1. Ike Davis – He’ll be batting cleanup and says he’s 100% and ready to go. I’m psyched!
2. Johan Santana – I don’t know when, but he’ll be back and he’s worth the price of admission.
3. Jose Reyes will be back at Citi Field on April 24. Standing O or boos and jeers?
4. Daniel Murphy – I’m thinking this is the year he stays healthy and becomes an NL All Star.
5. Gary, Keith and Ron – They’re the best and don’t forget Ralph Kiner and Kevin Burkhardt!
6. Milestones: David Wright closing in on 300 doubles and 200 home runs.
7. The outfield walls are now Blue and Orange – It’s about time!
8. The Phillies – These games always have a playoff feel and I relish every game we win!
9. Jason Bay – Is this the year he starts producing like we all expected him to?
10. It’s the 50th Anniversary of those Casey Stengel led 1962 Mets!
11. Banner Day is Back – Bust out all those tired, old, white bed sheets!
12. Help is on the way – Will Reese Havens and Matt Harvey debut in 2012?
13. One or two Terry Collins post game explosions on SNY – Those were fun to watch!
14. R.A. Dickey – Mountain Man, kuckleballer, Jedi Master. Can you use the force to score runs?
15. Milestones: Johan Santana closing in on 2,000 strikeouts!
16. Ruben Tejada – Posted a .360 OBP in his first taste of regular playing time.
17. David Wright – Will the shortened walls equal a return to superstar status?
18. Frank Francisco – Can this Francisco replace the Francisco we traded to Milwaukee for…
19. Jon Rauch – He’s very tall and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!
20. Meet the New Mets – Andres Torres, Ramon Ramirez, Ronny Cedeno, etc. You never know!
21. Subway Series – Beating the Yankees is always fun! 6/8-6/10 there and 6/22-6/24 in our house.
22. Jon Niese – He’s ready to take the next step and show everyone he’s a keeper!
23. Fireworks Night – No not Pyrotechnics Night, I mean the trade deadline, silly!
24. Inter-League – We play the Blue Jays, Orioles and Rays this year.
25. Super Sophs – Will Lucas Duda and Dillon Gee avoid the dreaded sophomore jinx?
26. Mike Pelfrey – Which version shows up this season, 2010 or 2011?
27. Howie Rose – You didn’t think I’d forget one of the most iconic radio broadcasters we ever had!
28. Mr. Met – He’s got a big head and never says much, but he’s still the best mascot in the game!
29. Spoiler – We end the season against the Marlins and payback’s a bitch!
30. A Mets No-Hitter – What if it happens and you weren’t watching!
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
15 Comments + Add Comment
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Never said it was a dumb move...
- Hank: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Happy Holidays buddy. Enjoy the family and...
- srt: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: I have to agree...if the Yankees don't...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Carlos Beltran Agrees To Three-Year, $45 Million Deal With Yankees: Bah humbug
- Dirk Diggler: on MMO Flashback: Beltran Will Go Into The Hall Of Fame As A…: Beltran will not win a ring in...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!