Richard Sandomir of the New York Times obtained a leaked three-page document that was drawn up by the team’s investment banker and distributed to potential investors interested in buying $20 million dollar stakes in the Mets.
In order to attract minority owners, the document included not only a description of the complex financial arrangements which states the $20 million dollar investment represented a 4% ownership stake, but a collection of some added perks as well including the following:
- One luxury box at Citi Field.
- A personal parking spot at Citi Field.
- Throwing out the first-pitch during one game every season.
- Personalized business cards showing you as a team owner.
- One free road trip with the team every season.
- One free weekend to Mets Spring Training camp in Port St. Lucie.
- Access to the team mascot, Mr. Met.
- Lunch dates with former players and one private luncheon with Terry Collins or Sandy Alderson.
With perks like this, I can see these $20 million dollar stakes selling like hot cakes.