With Perks Like These Mets Should Have No Problem Selling $20MM Stakes
Richard Sandomir of the New York Times obtained a leaked three-page document that was drawn up by the team’s investment banker and distributed to potential investors interested in buying $20 million dollar stakes in the Mets.
In order to attract minority owners, the document included not only a description of the complex financial arrangements which states the $20 million dollar investment represented a 4% ownership stake, but a collection of some added perks as well including the following:
- One luxury box at Citi Field.
- A personal parking spot at Citi Field.
- Throwing out the first-pitch during one game every season.
- Personalized business cards showing you as a team owner.
- One free road trip with the team every season.
- One free weekend to Mets Spring Training camp in Port St. Lucie.
- Access to the team mascot, Mr. Met.
- Lunch dates with former players and one private luncheon with Terry Collins or Sandy Alderson.
With perks like this, I can see these $20 million dollar stakes selling like hot cakes.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
153 Comments + Add Comment
- metfanlou: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: He'll be able to stop balls hit...
- oleosmirf: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: way to answer the question...
- Stephen: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: HATE this move. At 40 a...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: There are 5 spots in a rotation... Colon,...
- mack44: on Mets Sign Bartolo Colon To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal: A 41 year old slob who pitched...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!