Mets Lay Off 10 Percent Of Non-Player Workforce
The NY Post is reporting that the Mets have trimmed nearly 10 percent of non-player staff, including business, clubhouse and scouting personne.
The team has released the following statement:
“Several weeks ago, we made workforce reductions in both the baseball and business operations departments, which amounted to less than 10 percent of our full-time staff.”
The layoffs are another ominous sign for the Mets, who are seeking to cap their payroll at $100 million to $110 million. They’re now fighting to keep shortstop Jose Reyes on the team after he became a free agent yesterday.
A team source said the layoffs will have no effect on player payroll.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
25 Comments + Add Comment
- the-rock-man: on Nothing Is Imminent: The Story Of Us: A-men brother.
- philipag: on Nothing Is Imminent: The Story Of Us: Right, NYHB. Everyone needs to chill out....
- the-rock-man: on Nothing Is Imminent: The Story Of Us: Does anyone really believe giving up a...
- Captain America: on Nothing Is Imminent: The Story Of Us: Let's sign Granderson and then use an...
- B-Met Fan: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: I'm with your line of thinking all...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!