Theo Epstein Signs 5-Year Deal With Cubs
John Dennis of WEEI Sports Radio is reporting that Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein has agreed with the Cubs on a five-year deal worth more than $15 million.
According to Dennis’ sources, the Red Sox granted the Cubs permission to talk with Epstein late last week. The deal is expected to be finalized by the end of this week, following negotiations for compensation with the Red Sox, who have Epstein under contract for one more season.
It is not yet clear if Epstein will become the team’s new GM or possibly Team President as well.
MLBTR also adds that “the Cubs won’t surrender Major League players or take on bad contracts in the deal, but they may send prospects and/or cash to the Red Sox. It appears that Epstein will need Boston’s approval to bring employees with him.”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
18 Comments + Add Comment
- Judge Holden: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: I agree with you in many respects,...
- Alex68: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Hodges, while it'll be our 5th in...
- Alex68: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: I think he now realized this aint...
- Hodges14: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Season's over. Only question is who gets...
- LA Met Fan: on Is Ike Davis Really Mike Jacobs Reincarnated?: Definitely more Mike Jacobs than Kingman. As...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!