Mets TV Viewership Drops 19.3% In 2011
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, reported yesterday that the New York Mets lost an average of 39,000 viewers per game in 2011 a drop of 19.3 percent from 2010 levels.
He cited a report in Sports Business Journal that said it was the third largest drop in TV viewership according to their report.
In spite of that gloomy news, the Mets still ranked fourth in Major League Baseball with an average of 163,000 homes tuned in per game in 2011 on SNY. Only the Yankees (319,000), Phillies (276,000) and Red Sox (192,000) have a larger viewership.
The drop in viewership is more than double the 8.1 percent drop in attendance which was reported shortly after this season concluded.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
11 Comments + Add Comment
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Metsie you are describing the procedure for...
- StrawberyPiazzaWright: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: I love Beltrán, i saw him when...
- Hodges14: on The 10 Worst Mets Pitching Staffs Since 1980: A refreshing departure from the Mets cold...
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Neither of those guys are even...
- the mad met: on Mets Drawing The Line At Three Years, Granderson Wants Four: @biggle as it is explained we...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!