Mets TV Viewership Drops 19.3% In 2011
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, reported yesterday that the New York Mets lost an average of 39,000 viewers per game in 2011 a drop of 19.3 percent from 2010 levels.
He cited a report in Sports Business Journal that said it was the third largest drop in TV viewership according to their report.
In spite of that gloomy news, the Mets still ranked fourth in Major League Baseball with an average of 163,000 homes tuned in per game in 2011 on SNY. Only the Yankees (319,000), Phillies (276,000) and Red Sox (192,000) have a larger viewership.
The drop in viewership is more than double the 8.1 percent drop in attendance which was reported shortly after this season concluded.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
11 Comments + Add Comment
- DrDooby: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Agreed. Even if Wheeler & Montero are...
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: No GRANT did that FOR HIM! EXACTLY my...
- Neutered Showalter: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Did you watch the Braves win 15...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on When Will We See Wilmer Flores?: O_o WHAT???? LoL....I realize in the...
- gregg: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Okay, so you're going to all the...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!