Johan Santana Will Finish Rehab Program Saturday
The New York Mets announced today that lefthanded pitcher Johan Santana will finish his active rehabilitation program for the year on Saturday, October 8, when the Mets’ 2011 Instructional League concludes.
Santana threw 4.0 innings in an Instructional League game on Friday, September 30, but will not see any further Instructional League game action. He will long toss and play light catch through Saturday and then will enter a long period of medically prescribed rest, which will preclude him from pitching in winter ball.
“Johan feels very good and is looking forward to 2012,” said Mets General Manager Sandy Alderson. “We are optimistic that Johan will be able to begin and maintain a Spring Training schedule with all other Mets pitchers next February and will be ready for the start of the 2012 season.”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Braves vs Mets: Dillon Gee Opposes Mike Minor In Tonight’s Second Game: Wow! Josh Lewin of WFAN is an...
- Alex68: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: As of now the mets are 17-29...
- Joey D.: on Mets Lose Suspended Game To Braves 7-5: Hi Taskmaster, You're right, a team should develop...
- Met Maniac: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Where are the top major leaguers? You...
- Alex68: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Prove it.... Show me the team who...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!