Red Sox and Terry Francona Are Parting Ways
Just one day after the Red Sox suffered a season ending collapse that saw them miss the post season by just one game, Jon Heyman reports that the Red Sox and manager Terry Francona will part ways.
According to MLBTR, Francona’s three-year, $12M deal included club options for 2012-13 worth $8.75M in total ($750K buyout) and the Red Sox could announce their decision to decline the options today.
Francona led the Red Sox to two World Series Championships in 2004, their first season under Francona, and again in 2007.
Under Francona’s tenure, the Red Sox have a 744-552 record in eight seasons and they finished the 2011 season with a 90-72 record.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
4 Comments + Add Comment
- Alex68: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Maniac, Eat a snicker. you get a...
- Hawk: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Isn't JV the guy Alderson was alluding...
- Hawk: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: YES !!! It wasn't the Francesa interview!
- Met Maniac: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: His ass needs to be on the...
- Jay: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: not only has it been dismantled, its...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!