Pair Of Mets Rookies With 50 RBI’s
Last night, second baseman Justin Turner drew a bases-loaded walk in the Mets’ 8-6 win over the Cardinals, giving him 50 RBIs for the season. He joined right fielder Lucas Duda who had already driven in 50 runs this season.
The last time the Mets had two rookies drive in 50 or more runs in the same season was in 2003, when Ty Wigginton (71) and Jason Phillips (58) accomplished the feat.
On another note, former Met Carlos Beltran still leads the team with 66 RBIs followed by David Wright who currently has 58. If Beltran retains the RBI lead for this season, I can’t seem to recall if that has happened before in Mets history.
Anyone know for sure?
About the Author: Rob Johnson
1 Comment + Add Comment
- Jimmy Broadway: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: Do you think the mets are looking...
- El Sid: on Winter Meetings: Bullpen Much Improved, But Mets Looking For Late-Inning Reliever: I like a lot of our young...
- Tommy Med: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: just stop man ^^ Choo is gonna get...
- Anthony: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: Haha Cleveland isn't doing that
- Jacob Resnick: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: IMO I wouldn't trade Nimmo before he...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!