Pair Of Mets Rookies With 50 RBI’s
Last night, second baseman Justin Turner drew a bases-loaded walk in the Mets’ 8-6 win over the Cardinals, giving him 50 RBIs for the season. He joined right fielder Lucas Duda who had already driven in 50 runs this season.
The last time the Mets had two rookies drive in 50 or more runs in the same season was in 2003, when Ty Wigginton (71) and Jason Phillips (58) accomplished the feat.
On another note, former Met Carlos Beltran still leads the team with 66 RBIs followed by David Wright who currently has 58. If Beltran retains the RBI lead for this season, I can’t seem to recall if that has happened before in Mets history.
Anyone know for sure?
About the Author: Rob Johnson
1 Comment + Add Comment
- Matt Mosher: on Choo Could Be Impact Outfielder For Mets In 2014, But Would Cost A Pick: No, it is not worth it. He's...
- Brittany Ann: on Reds vs Mets: Niese Looks For Another Solid Outing: The starters have been improving. The Mets...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Reds vs Mets: Niese Looks For Another Solid Outing: Another Day another terrible Lineup by Yours...
- Connor O'Brien: on Featured Post: Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: You also haven't said WHY it is...
- Connor O'Brien: on Featured Post: Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: "The success is provided by the BATTER...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!