Mets Kidcaster Was A Big Hit
On Monday, SNY announced that 11-year old Jacob Resnick had won the network’s popular Kidcaster Contest presented by New York’s 529 College Savings Program and that Jacob would appear in the SNY broadcast booth on August 2nd to help call a half-inning in the Mets-Marlins game.
Well, the Mets lost the game, but young Jacob was a hit in the booth with Mets announcers Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. Here he is calling the Jose Reyes game-tying homerun.
Pretty awesome, huh?
Great job by Jacob Resnick, a huge Jose Reyes fan, who was very organized and came prepared for whatever would occur. He knew the state of the Mets and where they needed to improve, and he was no slouch went it came to Mets history as well.
Later during the evening SNY would re-play the broadcast and you could hear the warm remarks from Gary, Ron and Keith.
This is the third year of the Kidcaster Contest, and I’m looking forward to more moments like this.
About the Author: Former Writers
7 Comments + Add Comment
- Alex68: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: You have got to be kidding me......
- Cthomp519: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: I like the young core of arms...
- Metfan Lou: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Let's get to the root of the...
- Alex68: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: Michael Geus, let me help you out...
- Charles: on My Personal Attempt To Sabotage The All-Star Game: Did you really just sat act like...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!