Capuano Has Been Awful; Is Trade a Possiblity?
When the Mets signed Chris Capuano in the offseason, i thought that the Mets picked up a low-risk, high reward type of player. I also thought that the deal was a good one.
Now that we’re getting closer to the end of the season, I wonder if I should be eating my words?
Capuano has been down-right awful in his past 4 starts (which extends from his final start in July). In his 3 starts this month, Capuano is winless, hitters are batting .293 against him, and he has given up ten earned runs.
With that being said, he has cleared waivers and he is now eligible to be traded this month.
Trading Chris Capuano would probably be a good thing ,but it doesn’t seem likely.
The Mets could get something back for him, but at the same time it doesn’t seem that anyone has much interest in acquiring Capuano.
About the Author: Brandon Butler
Brandon is currently a MMO Minor League Staff Writer. He is also the co-host of the Mets Madness Podcast on Talkshoe Radio. Brandon lives in Hornell, NY.
39 Comments + Add Comment
- Bruce: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Just get Ike to Vegas. He'll...
- Matt Mosher: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Shocked? I don't think so. Most Mets...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: If Murphy's defense is acceptable at 2B...
- El Sid: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: That's one scout. This guy was a...
- taskmaster4450: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Tweet of the night by Rubin: AdamRubinESPN Adam...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!