Enough Is Enough, Time To Can The Jose Reyes Trade Talk
With yesterday’s two-hit performance by the soon-to-be 3-time All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes, there seems to be nothing this guy cannot do. He’s raised his league leading average to .351 in a tough 5-2 Mets loss to the Detroit Tigers prior to the start of the Subway Series.
More importantly, the 28-year-old now has 15 triples and is on pace for 30, which would set a franchise record. Adding two more steals to his season total tonight, Reyes has now swiped 29. Considering all these factors Reyes is seemingly an immovable piece of the Mets puzzle.
According to several reports from ESPN, there have been no teams that have called the Mets about the availability of Reyes. In fact, the dynamic leadoff man has played so well that some think he’s priced himself out of the Mets’ range.
The way I see it, there’s very little chance Reyes will leave the Mets. Considering the Mets are 5-1 on their current road trip, and have pushed to two games over .500 they now sit just five games back of the Atlanta Braves in the wild card race. At this point, Reyes is the centerpiece of a Mets team that has caught fire. Apparently the same sources from ESPN point out that Jose’s play may be pricing him out of a potential future with the Amazin’s.
It seems lately, whether it’s Jose Reyes, Carlos Beltran, or Francisco Rodriguez, as fast as the trade rumors start for these three cornerstones is as fast they fade away. When all is said and done, we might just have to wait for the July 31st trade deadline to see how things truly pan out. This year’s trade deadline could very well determine the fate of the Mets franchise the next five to ten years.
About the Author: Former Writers
11 Comments + Add Comment
- Hotstreak: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: This is a question for you or...
- Neil: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: "Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited...
- El Sid: on Collins Pulled Hefner Because He Was Excited For Him: At least Tejada is a good defender...
- El Sid: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: Bring Cowgill up and send Lagares down....
- Mr North Jersey: on Cowgill and Nieuwenhuis Continue to Struggle in Minors: Capt Kirk has been busy with his...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!