Alderson Likes Ike’s Chances, Will Begin Baseball Activities
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Ike Davis, who has been hobbled with an ankle injury, will begin baseball activities next week.
Ike Davis actually ran bearing his full weight on flat ground, not on a treadmill, on Saturday in his native Phoenix, GM Sandy Alderson said. So far, Davis’ injured left ankle has responded well, prompting Alderson to suggest Davis will begin baseball activities this weekend in New York.
Only three weeks ago, the Mets were considering season ending surgery for Ike Davis, so what a dramatic turnaround this is.
Running on flat ground was the big test and it looks like Davis passed with flying colors. Alderson, had this to say about it:
“It’s a question of how he’s feeling and whether he can tolerate running,” Alderson said. “Based on what we’ve seen the last few days, we’re encouraged. Anything can happen, but it’s been encouraging.”
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Dave In Spain: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Hefner is a Purchase Order? But is...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: One can certainly argue about keeping Reyes...
- ill_egl: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: Good read. I enjoyed this post. It...
- ill_egl: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: I feel the Beltran trade was one...
- DrDooby: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: The 2011 payroll actually ended up right...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!