A Night With Ike Davis – Every Kid Deserves To Grow Up
New York Mets star Ike Davis is stepping up to the dinner plate with Solving Kids’ Cancer (SKC) for the first annual “A Night with Ike Davis” charity event at Michael’s Restaurant in Brooklyn on Sunday night July 17th at 7 p.m. All the proceeds from the evening will benefit SKC along with The Liddy Shriver Sarcoma Initiative.
This family friendly dinner event will feature an up-close-and-personal Q&A session with Ike hosted by Linda Cohn of ESPN SportsCenter and will include several raffles and prizes for attendees along with a special auction featuring:
- a chartered fishing trip with Ike;
- the ultimate youth baseball experience at the Cooperstown All Star Village in Cooperstown, NY;
- on-field access to Citi Field during batting practice (plus tickets, dinner) and other special Mets packages;
- tour of MLB Network studios during a live show;
- tickets to attend live tapings of Food Network’s Iron Chef, the Late Show with David Letterman, and several other shows;
- limited edition sports memorabilia items like signed jerseys and baseballs; and many more one-of-a-kind items.
“A Night with Ike Davis”will also unveil and distribute a special T-shirt designed by a 10-year-old boy who is currently battling cancer. His design submission was personally selected by Ike.
Ike is familiar with how devastating cancer can be having lost his childhood friend, Mike Lio, to Ewing’s Sarcoma at just 22 years of age. It is in his friend’s honor that Ike has chosen to host this charity dinner, with the hope that someday, a cure will help rid the world of all childhood cancers.
Tickets for the event are currently available by visiting www.solvingkidscancer.org; by calling (212) 588-6624.
About Solving Kids’ Cancer
Created by two fathers who lost children to pediatric cancers, Solving Kids’ Cancer™ is committed to significantly improving survivorship of the deadliest childhood cancers. One hundred percent of all donations are used to find, fund, and manage clinical trials and scientific programs to rapidly develop the most effective treatments and cures. Solving Kids’ Cancer is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity. To learn more about our work please visit: www.solvingkidscancer.org
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
- swede: on Winter Meetings Wrap-Up and Renewed Hope For Mets Fans: curious...who would be your realistic SS in...
- Djmurphy: on Winter Meetings Wrap-Up and Renewed Hope For Mets Fans: Owings I'd prefer to didi we have...
- Jeru: on I’d Be Fine With Giving Ruben Tejada Another Chance – And A Short Leash: Adequete ? Ruben was leading all SS in...
- Mets Fan in Paris: on I’d Be Fine With Giving Ruben Tejada Another Chance – And A Short Leash: Timothy Fritz strikes again! :) Where have...
- Carl: on One-Time Mets Opening Day Starting Pitchers: Swan pitched the home opener in 1982....
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!