Lucas Duda Is Raking In Buffalo, Why Not Flushing?
A few minutes ago, I caught a tweet from the Buffalo Bisons that read: Lucas Duda has vaulted his average 46 pts the past 10 games. It sounded pretty impressive so I thought I’d investigate further.
The hulking 6-4 outfielder is mashing the ball for the Bisons and in just 115 at-bats, Duda has slugged eight home runs and driven in 19 runs while scoring 18 of them. If you were to prorate that over 500 AB, we’re talking about 40 homers and 100 RBI.
Duda is batting .287 with a .400 on-base and a .548 slugging. His .948 OPS would certainly give the Mets a huge boost right now considering the woeful production they have received from Jason Bay, Scott Hairston and Willie Harris.
In his last ten games, Duda has posted a .406/.512/.938/1.450 slash line in 32 at-bats.
I think it’s time to give this kid another look-see, while at the same time cutting bait with Hairston or Harris..
About the Author: Rob Johnson
12 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- Joey D.: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Hi Connor, I agree he probably won't walk...
- jessep: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: But again Metsie, you're freaking out about...
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Thanks Leroy...I was going by what JoeD...
- ImaginaryFigment: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: "And while money wasn´t an issue back...
- gorgeguy: on Atlanta Braves Broadcaster Shows Little Class During Matt Harvey At Bat: I know not of who trashed him,...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!