Carlos Beltran Is Day To Day
The Mets are calling Carlos Beltran’s injury a “right leg contusion” after X-rays were taken and came back negative.
They are classifying him as day to day.
Beltran left Sunday’s game after fouling a ball off the inside of his right shin in the second inning. He finished the at-bat, striking out against Tim Hudson, but then walked off the field gingerly and appeared to be in pain as he walked to the dugout.
After the game, Terry Collins said Beltran was dizzy and getting his leg iced in the trainers room, and that he will probably wake up in the morning with some pain and swelling.
He will be re-evaluated again on Tuesday before they make a determination on if he will play against the Brewers.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
23 Comments + Add Comment
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Shh. And don´t tell them that Alderson...
- DrDooby: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Satin is the prototype organizational Quad A...
- Sach: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: The Mets should have been playing Flores...
- DrDooby: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: Since Flores won´t have much trade bait...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!