Breaking News: Osama Bin Laden Is Dead
OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
WASHINGTON — Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden is dead and the U.S. has his body, says a person familiar with developments.
President Barack Obama was to make the announcement shortly that after searching in vain for bin Laden since he disappeared in Afghanistan in late 2001, the Saudi-born extremist is dead, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Details of the death were sparse. He was killed in a military operation in Afghanistan, according to sources, though it was unclear which countries were involved. CNN reported that the al-Qaida leader was killed in a mansion outside Islamabad, the Pakistani capital.
It is a major accomplishment for Obama and his national security team, having fulfilled the goal once voiced by Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, to bring to justice the mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
About the Author: Kelly Horn
MMO's graphic/web designer, the former Met Carlos Beltran's biggest fan, and one of the few but proud Oklahoma Mets Fans
8 Comments + Add Comment
- Sims: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: He saw a specialist. That was the...
- Mike Lloyd: on It’s Time For The Mets To Save Ike Davis: Joe D, so now Ike makes...
- Lifelongmetsfan: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: A starting pitcher Wheeler's age should not...
- Joey D.: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Hi philipag, You are correct - the rebuild...
- Lifelongmetsfan: on Mets Swept After Ike Davis Blunder Ignites 7-4 Reds Win: Ike Davis is still a very young...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!