The Suckitude Is Widespread, Only One Can Save Us Now
This stat comes courtesy of the Daily News today.
According to Runs Saved, a defensive metric invented by John Dewan of Acta Sports that attempts to measure a team’s defense, the Mets are currently the worst defensive team in baseball.
The Mets have a minus-26 runs saved, way in front of the second-worst defensive team, the Phillies (minus-18), and have only two players, Angel Pagan and Pedro Beato, with positive runs saved ratings.
The Rangers are ranked the top glovemen in the game at plus-14 runs saved.
Okay, so lets see if I got this straight…
Right – Got it.
Sounds like a job for this guy…
Oh Chewy, You’re Our Only Hope…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
9 Comments + Add Comment
- Teddy Klein: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Can't we all just get along?
- Kyle: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: You're plan doesn't overpay any free agents....
- Connor O'Brien: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: It really shouldn't matter. I was just...
- Neil: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Duda needs to ignore all the folks...
- Major Mofongo: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Beltran at the plate was a monster...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!