The Suckitude Is Widespread, Only One Can Save Us Now
This stat comes courtesy of the Daily News today.
According to Runs Saved, a defensive metric invented by John Dewan of Acta Sports that attempts to measure a team’s defense, the Mets are currently the worst defensive team in baseball.
The Mets have a minus-26 runs saved, way in front of the second-worst defensive team, the Phillies (minus-18), and have only two players, Angel Pagan and Pedro Beato, with positive runs saved ratings.
The Rangers are ranked the top glovemen in the game at plus-14 runs saved.
Okay, so lets see if I got this straight…
Right – Got it.
Sounds like a job for this guy…
Oh Chewy, You’re Our Only Hope…
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
9 Comments + Add Comment
- TexasGusCC: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Russell, Beltran was a free agent in two...
- TexasGusCC: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Joey D. and Leroy, Alderson's pickups have been...
- Russell Zanca: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Now after every game you just can't...
- Steve Phillips: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: I drafted David Wright and signed Jose...
- Russell's Mets: on Gee Roughed Up As Braves Shutout The Mets 6-0: Funny, the Cardinals have no problem having...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!