Paulino and Pagan Both Suffering From Oblique Strains
Yesterday, the Mets announced that Angel Pagan has been placed on the disabled due to a pulled muscle in his left side. It turns out to be a similar intercostal strain that landed outfielder Jason Bay on the DL.
Pagan was hurt on a swing Thursday night. He originally told the Mets the pain was a “4″ on a scale of 1 to 10, but it increased to a “6″ Friday. “That’s not a good sign,” Pagan said. “After you get out of the game, you don’t feel it as much. But after you get cool, that’s when you go back to reality and see how bad it is.”
GM Sandy Alderson thinks that some of these injuries relate to the weather.
“I’m hopeful that some of these injuries relate to the cold weather, and as the season goes on, we’re less susceptible to that. It’s part of the game, something you have to deal with. The nice thing is these haven’t been long-term. Bay took a little longer than we hoped, but it was only 2-1/2 weeks into the season. Chris Young has missed a couple of starts, but if he only misses a couple starts in the whole season, we’ll be happy with that. At least we don’t have anyone out on a long-term basis, other than Johan (Santana) and that we knew coming in.”
Last night we also learned that backup catcher Ronny Paulino suffered a setback and was forced to leave last night’s game for Triple-A Buffalo with tightness in his left oblique.
The plan is for Paulino to rest today and be evaluated tomorrow, but it now seems unlikely he will be activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, as originally planned.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
9 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Metsie: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: "Nor a fascist or communist country" Well considering...
- Hawk: on Internal Discussions Of Ike Davis Demotion ‘Intensifying’: Yes, but they want to bring up...
- 86mets: on Internal Discussions Of Ike Davis Demotion ‘Intensifying’: The Cubs have Lhp Travis Wood going...
- Mark: on Internal Discussions Of Ike Davis Demotion ‘Intensifying’: I will believe it when I see...
- Metsie: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: Because no team should be in the...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!