MLB Power Rankings – Week 2
Here are the top and bottom five of week two’s MLB Power Rankings as posted on the Daily News. Thanks to the Mets, the Colorado Rockies moved up six spots to claim the top spot.
1. Colorado Rockies (12-3, Last week: 6)
At 12-3, they have the best record in baseball and have won eight of nine games, so they leap from sixth to first.
2. Philadelphia Phillies (10-4, Last week: 2)
With the third-best mark they remain second. Don’t expect them to dip much all season. Their pitchers have only allowed five homers.
3. Cleveland Indians (11-4, Last week: 7)
Early-season shocker team just got a lot better, too – Grady Sizemore returned from injury and homered in first game. Will they last?
4. Texas Rangers (10-5, Last week: 1)
No shame in losing a series to the Home Run Yankees, but it knocked them off high perch.
5. New York Yankees (9-5, Last week: 5)
As pitching problems kept swirling, Yanks beat Orioles twice and won series from Rangers to maintain. Best homer-hitting team in majors with 27.
26. Minnesota Twins (5-10, Last week: 18)
Early-season quirk that they’re this low? Unclear, but Joe Mauer on the DL is a bad sign.
27. Seattle Mariners (5-11, Last week: 27)
Maybe Ichiro should re-think his Mariner for Life idea.
28. Houston Astros (5-11, Last week: 29)
Tied for the worst record in the National League with the Mets, a line we might be typing often this season.
29. New York Mets (5-11, Last week: 20)
Got swept in two doubleheaders as part of awful week. Sloppy play dropped them nine spots and no pitching staff has walked more hitters.
30. Boston Red Sox (4-10, Last week: 28)
Things got slightly better by winning two straight to end week, but they have baseball’s worst record. They can’t get any lower, but where would they be without Josh Beckett? Even with him, their team ERA is 5.93, worst in the game.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
1 Comment + Add Comment
- the mad met: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: @ DJ on a team with...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: EARTH TO SANDY EARTH TO SANDY Here is another...
- Captain America: on Mets Back Off On Bartolo Colon Due To Demands: Of course. But some here think Omar...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Hot Stove: If Price Is Right Sandy Will Pounce On Drew: Lol...Oh Idk if MLBTR has it but...
- Josh: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: I think the biggest issue is that...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!