Big Pelf, Big Flop, Big Hole In Rotation
Mike Pelfrey’s 2011 season continues to deteriorate and he had his butt handed to him tonight in Philadelphia where he failed again to make it out of the fifth inning.
His final line was as ugly as all the other stinkers he’s pitched this season: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 1 BB , 3 K, 1 HBP.
Pelfrey also surrendered a humongous two-run blast to Ryan Howard who would later hit a Grand Slam against Dillon Gee.
His two-seamer doesn’t induce many grounders, he still cant spot his four-seamer, and he cant make up his mind which secondary pitches he wants to use.
The bottom line is that right now the Mets have a huge hole in the rotation and his name is Mike Pelfrey.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
17 Comments + Add Comment
- Jeru: on Bartolo Colon Agrees To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal With Mets: I do think we needed one corner...
- Donal: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: I'm not sure this is the kind...
- Metsie: on Bartolo Colon Agrees To Two-Year, $20 Million Deal With Mets: What is even MORE hilarious Leroy is...
- VitaminCM: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: I played catcher from the time I...
- Donal: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: And when was the last time you...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!