A Visit To Walter Reed To Support Our Wounded Heroes
This year’s visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center was much different from last years.
This year, the Mets team and staff had a real military man with them who understands how and why these visits are so important.
Yes, Sandy Alderson is a retired Marine and a Vietnam veteran who served as a platoon commander and intelligence officer, among other jobs in Vietnam in 1970 and 1971.
This year’s voluntary visit to Walter Reed was attended by every Met who was in town. And they were exposed to the harsher reality in life as they toured the hospital.
We all know what happened yesterday in DC after the visit to Walter Reed – the Mets won again.
Smiles all around, I hope.
Let’s hope that their visit lifted the spirits of the patients, many of whom spend months there to heal their wounds.
The Mets – and most of us – live in a somewhat insulated environment in our daily lives.
God Bless Our Troops!
About the Author: Former Writers
5 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Benny: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: I didn't expect a world series this...
- Benny: on Mets GM Tells Ike Davis He Has Until End Of Month To Turn Slump Around: Wake up, Ike. We need you. Focus...
- Benny: on Is Marlon Byrd Finally Coming Around?: Byrd has positives and negatives like any...
- Wright Here, Wright Now: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: Definitely. I've seen Reyes do it many,...
- Ojeda's Perm: on Hefner Lasts Just Four Innings In Mets 8-2 Loss To Cubs: With a tough schedule ahead, tomorrow game...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!