True or False – Are The Mets Still Indecisive?
David Lennon of Newsday believes that not much has changed with the way the Mets are doing things even with a front office overhaul and new manager at the reins.
“Been away for a few days, but it could have been a few years because nothing changes with the Mets. Even with an overhaul of the front office, and a new manager, the team already is displaying the same indecision and chain-of-command issues that plagued the Omar Minaya/Jerry Manuel regime.”
He goes on to say that the Johan Santana “chuck and duck” story reminds him too much of how things went on in 2009, and also talks about how they allowed their indecision with Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo to be the main story at spring camp - The kind of stuff that happened under Omar Minaya where the negatives would linger and fester until they grew out of control.
What’s your early take so far?
Does Lennon’s argument have any merit?
Van you draw any similarities between what’s going on now and how things went on before?
About the Author: Rob Johnson
12 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Markcomic1: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: He should be fired, He has lost...
- RandomGuy: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: Connor, you will never be able to...
- TexasGusCC: on Mets Sign RHP David Aardsma To Minors Deal: Is anyone really surprised?
- Timothy: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: Byrd has done a pretty nice job....
- rob: on Mets Sign RHP David Aardsma To Minors Deal: Look at the bright side If we ever...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!