Phillies Deal With Castillo Is Only A 10-Day Audition
ESPN is reporting that the deal the Phillies agreed to with Luis Castillo is only for 10-day audition and he has not been promised a spot on their opening day roster.
Original Post 3/20 8:00 PM
According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, recently released second baseman Luis Castillo may be closing in on a deal with the Philadelphia Phillies according to a source.
On the day he officially was eligible to sign, Castillo quickly narrowed his focus and appears poised to join the Philadelphia Phillies, according to a baseball source.
The Phillies are growing concerned with the recent knee woes of All-Star second baseman Chase Utley.
In case you’re wondering, Rubin also says that if Castillo does sign with the Phillies, they will only be responsible for the major league minimum or around $416,000 dollars. The Mets would still be on the hook for the remaining $5.6 million dollars Castillo is owed.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
51 Comments + Add Comment
- Cackletta: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: it's me :)
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Oh wait apologies to Fonzie....It's Donal who...
- Metsie: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Strawman? Hiya Fonzie! Couldn't use your old nick...
- Scott Rice's Arm's Soul: on Summer Clearance: Possible Trade Strategies For The Mets: Semantics and straw mans don't win arguments....
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: And this is why children should not...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!