Brad Emaus and Pedro Beato Will Most Likely Stick
One of the things that came out of todays conference call with bloggers was that both Rule 5 Picks, Brad Emaus and Pedro Beato, will most likely make the team.
The news probably spells the end of the road for Nick Evans who will be released unless Carlos Beltran goes on the DL. It also means that Daniel Murphy will be relegated to a utility role on the bench.
In the bullpen, keeping Beato probably impacts Pat Misch and Manny Acosta the most as one or both could be released along with Evans.
Beato will join a bullpen that will include Francisco Rodriguez, Bobby Parnell, D.J. Carrasco, Tim Byrdak and Taylor Buchholz according to Adam Rubin, who projects the final spot will go to Blaine Boyer — who can opt out of his minor league contract on Thursday and become a free agent.
That leaves Jason Isringhausen as the odd man out.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
7 Comments + Add Comment
- Hans: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Skip his next paycheck. When he calls...
- Mr North Jersey: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: The biggest thing for me was that...
- Eric: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The Mets need more time to get...
- Metsie: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Sorry Connor they weren't mistakes made by...
- Vinny B: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Also, one could make the argument that...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!