Mets/Madoff Settlement Off, Case To Be Unsealed
It turned out to be a volatile day as far as the Wilpon/Madoff mess goes. As my colleague Craig posted earlier today, the Wilpons took the gloves off and fired back at the trustee Irving Picard, and about two hours later both sides announced that the settlement talks were over.
David J. Sheehan, who represents Irving Picard, sent a letter to the presiding Judge Burton R. Lifland today asking that he unseal the lawsuit. Surprisingly, the Mets lawyers announced that the Mets owners also want the suit unsealed. That could happen on Friday.
It sounds like a wild game of cat and mouse, and if you’re still confused about what exactly is going on, join the crowd.
The following video from the Wall Street Journal, may help clear things up.
Tomorrow should be another big day, so stay tuned as we continue to follow this story.
Hat tip to Metsblog for the video.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
1 Comment + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Michelle K.: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: They need to take 2 of 3...
- Scott Rice's Arm: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Russell has nothing on me. I'll break...
- Ojeda's Perm: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Valdespin is sitting between Buck and Wright...
- Seth: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: This team doesn't play hard for Collins....
- Al: on Mets vs Cubs: Hefner Looks To Extend Amazins’ Win Streak To Three: Keith's new word is lazy .definition ...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!