Bobby V Interested In Buying A Stake In Mets
According to a report on ESPN New York by Adam Rubin, former Mets manager Bobby Valentine has talked to “serious financial backers” about the possibility of buying a portion of the Mets, the team he managed to the World Series in 2000.
“I’ve talked to a number of people interested in purchasing part of the New York Mets, but I’m not formally with any group that is actively pursuing this venture,” Valentine said Sunday night.
It will probably never happen, but how entertaining would it be too have Bobby V as one of the Mets owners?
I wonder if his first move would be replacing Terry Collins with himself as manager.
The Wilpons have said they will sell between 25 to 49 percent of the franchise, and will not cede majority ownership.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
10 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/17/2013
- Metro12: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: Nevermind. I looked it up and...
- DrDooby: on Meija Strikes Out Six In Rehab Start But St. Lucie Loses 5-4: What was Mejia's velocity ? That and...
- Metro12: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: Well said, good doctor. You hit the...
- Dave In Spain: on Mookie On Valdespin: Give The Kid A Chance, He’s A Very Spirited Kid…: 1. I have no problem with personality...
- DrDooby: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: The way it looks, d´Arnaud is...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!