Bobby V Interested In Buying A Stake In Mets
According to a report on ESPN New York by Adam Rubin, former Mets manager Bobby Valentine has talked to “serious financial backers” about the possibility of buying a portion of the Mets, the team he managed to the World Series in 2000.
“I’ve talked to a number of people interested in purchasing part of the New York Mets, but I’m not formally with any group that is actively pursuing this venture,” Valentine said Sunday night.
It will probably never happen, but how entertaining would it be too have Bobby V as one of the Mets owners?
I wonder if his first move would be replacing Terry Collins with himself as manager.
The Wilpons have said they will sell between 25 to 49 percent of the franchise, and will not cede majority ownership.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
10 Comments + Add Comment
- Herb G: on Alderson Says He’s Working With $85 Million Payroll Figure: It is really a shame that Joe...
- Jason bay: on Sounds Like Daniel Murphy Is A Goner: There was no money to sign Reyes...
- Peter S.: on Five Predictions For The Winter Meetings: Interesting how the mets need a SS...
- Jason bay: on Sounds Like Daniel Murphy Is A Goner: Well that's different. If the Dodgers want...
- I Drink ConeYak: on Sounds Like Daniel Murphy Is A Goner: It will be a salary dump for...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!