Santana Still Not Throwing, Setback?
According to Andy McCullough of The Ledger via twitter, Joan Santana has yet to begin throwing.
To Sandy Alderson’s knowledge, Johan Santana has not begun throwing in his rehab program.
Only last month during an interview on WFAN and then again during a conference call with Mets bloggers, Alderson said he expected Johan Santana to begin a throwing program in January and expected him back around the All Star break.
With just a few days left to the month and Santana still not throwing, I wonder if he is going through some sort of a minor setback?
Two weeks ago, the Mets announced that Johan Santana had been cleared for throwing by doctors.
Johan Santana has been cleared by Mets doctors to begin a throwing program leading into spring training.
Santana underwent surgery in September to repair a torn anterior capsule in his left shoulder. He is not expected to be available to the Mets until June or July.
I don’t understand why he hasn’t begun any kind of throwing program or even soft tossing if he was cleared to do so on January 14th.
Santana went 11-9 with a 2.98 ERA in 29 starts last season. He was pulled from his final outing on Sept. 2 at Atlanta as a precaution after five innings because he was experiencing tightness. The team originally diagnosed it as a pectoral strain, but an MRI taken a week later, after the Mets returned to New York, revealed the anterior capsule strain.
While you think about that, here’s a shot of snowy Citi Field taken by Adam Rubin.
About the Author: Craig Lerner
I'm a data analyst and researcher for a leading news agency who loves life and is hooked on the Mets. I love following the Amateur Draft and have a particular fondness for the Mets Minor Leagues who I follow each day. Give me a cold beer, a summer day, and a Mets game, and I'm good to go.
22 Comments + Add Comment
- taskmaster4450: on Mets Minors Report 5/22: Wheeler’s Back, Montero Impresses, Panteliodis Solid: Another pitcher that Warthen got a hold...
- ray sadecki: on Is Ike Davis Really Mike Jacobs Reincarnated?: My apologies to Kong for comparing you...
- Major Mofongo: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: O by the way... Michael Bourn is hitting...
- taskmaster4450: on Is Ike Davis Really Mike Jacobs Reincarnated?: "there is no way u can say...
- srt: on Sandy Disappointed With Some Of His Moves And The Team’s Performance: Hey Joe, Ron Darling looks a whole...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!