Listen: Mets Conference Call, Wilpons Could Sell 25% Of Team
Here is the conference call courtesy of SNY.
In a nutshell, Fred Wilpon has indicated that the Mets are looking to sell about 20-25% of the team.
Considering that the team is worth a staggering number that could come close to one billion dollars, we are talking about a potential investor who can come in with about $200 – $250 million dollars to buy themselves a minority stake in the New York Mets. That’s a lot of Shake Shack burgers!
MetsBlog has some of the other highlights from the conference call:
- Exploring our options – such as the possibility of bringing in a strategic partner, or partners – is the right thing to do.
- They are ‘exploring options,’ and wanted to be up front about it.
- Sterling will continue to be the principle owners of the Mets.
- This is not a ‘Mets issue primarily,’ this is a Sterling Equities issue.
- Sterling is in confidential settlement talks with the Maddoff trustee, and he hopes they come to fruition, but, as of now, ‘it is an uncertainty.’
- ‘We have discussed a minority interest in the 20, 25 percent range.’
- MLB has not put any pressure on the team to seek a potential partner.
- There is no circumstance under which he would consider selling the team.
The most important thing to note here is that they will not consider selling the team.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
26 Comments + Add Comment
- James.B: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Love the off season so far but...
- Hank: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: Colon will be fine.
- Mike Lloyd: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: I'm sorry. I don't see the Mets...
- Hank: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: No news yet aa. We still have...
- oleosmirf: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: he only has to run the bases...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!