Beltran and Bay Both Recovering And Doing Well
Adam Rubin of the ESPN had injury updates on Carlos Beltran and Jason Bay.
I’m most encouraged about how optimistic Beltran sounds,
“I feel good about it,” Beltran said about the knee woes, which prompted him to be shut down after the Mets’ Sept. 28 game. “What I was feeling last year when I stopped playing, I don’t feel pain in my knee. I’ve been training hard. I’ve been doing a lot of things I wasn’t capable of doing last year. So it’s getting better. In my situation, unfortunately, it doesn’t get better fast. It’s slowly. But I’m willing to put my effort there. And so far I feel good.
“I’m planning to start running at the beginning of January. I’m looking forward to that. I’ve been doing everything I can do to be ready. Last year I couldn’t do any squats, leg press, things like that. So this year I’ve been doing that pain-free. So that’s good. That really means the knee is taking the impact.”
Rubin also has good news on Bay who no longer has any symptoms from the concussion that wiped out his 2010 season.
Bay said a persistent, low-grade headache finally vanished in late September and has not resurfaced, despite resuming strenuous workouts at his offseason home in Seattle. He noted he never had other concussion-related symptoms such as vertigo, dizziness and nausea in the first place. He is confident the issue is fully behind him because his current workouts are more rigorous than the baseball activities he will resume in January.
If we’re gonna make any noise next season, we’ll need both of our big guns healthy.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Jerseymet: on MLB Revenue Trends vs Payroll, and How the Mets Fit In: I understand Greed. Loria ...
- wasadeyo: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Puello, Vaughn I have been waiting for...
- Jerseymet: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Just like last year. He needs...
- StearnsDude: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Demotion is long overdue. Besides being an...
- Joe D: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: It's gotta be the beard, ya gotta...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!