Alderson On Rule 5 Selections and Long-Term Contracts
In the following video courtesy of SNY, Kevin Burkhardt interviews Sandy Alderson and gets him to recap the Rule 5 Draft and discuss the Mets strategy going into the draft. At the end of the interview, Burkhardt brings up the huge contracts landed by Carl Crawford and Jayson Werth and asks for his thoughts on how the market is going and if these longterm deals are a new trend that won’t go away soon.
I thought Alderson’s remarks about Brad Emaus and Pedro Beato were interesting. He said many of these Rule 5 picks end up going back to their original team. If the two guys we chose actually make our 25 man roster, it would be an upset.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/21/2013
- Ron Davis: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: Mentally not physically not sure. What is...
- Alex68: on Byrd Homers, Marcum Still Winless, Mets Fall To Reds 4-3: Mangu, but you know why it's only...
- Major Mofongo: on Byrd Homers, Marcum Still Winless, Mets Fall To Reds 4-3: LMAO not to mention him repeating AA 3...
- Major Mofongo: on Byrd Homers, Marcum Still Winless, Mets Fall To Reds 4-3: this is what happens when u play...
- David Conde: on Things Spiralling Out Of Control For Ike Davis Offensively And Defensively: I agree with Marco and I still...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!