Former New York Mets second baseman Wally Backman poses during a news conference after his introduction as manager of the New York Mets’ Brooklyn Cyclones farm team in the New York-Penn League, Tuesday Nov. 17, 2009 in New York. Backman, who spent nine of 14 major league seasons with the Mets, managed the Arizona Diamondbacks in November 2004 and was fired four days later. He also managed the South Georgia Peanuts of the independent South Coast League in 2007. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews)
About the Author: Rob Silverman
It was 1973 when my dad introduced this 7 year old kid to Baseball and the Mets. It's been a love and passion that has lasted for 40 years, much longer than my first marriage. Since I was little, there've been 2 things I've always dreamed of: 1) Being a successful author and 2) playing right field for the Mets after Rusty Staub retired. Although 4 decades have passed and based on the current condition of the Mets, I have not given up on either dream
Leave a comment
- taskmaster4450: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: I doubt it. Collins is the ideal Yes...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Another DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! Harvey, Montero and Syndegaard...
- Bob Walsh: on Striking Fool’s Gold With Granderson: You also might expect his HR to...
- taskmaster4450: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: "Jeff can think..." This point can be disputed.
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: "Give it up Leroy, you are defending...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!