Texas Rangers pitcher Nolan Ryan grabs Chicago White Sox’s hitter Robin Ventura in a headlock after he charged the mound during the third inning of MLB action at The Ballpark in Arlington on August 4, 1993. Catcher Ivan Rodriguez came out to wrestle Ventura off. Ventura was upset with Ryan after being hit by a pitch.
PHOTO: Brad Loper / The Arlington News
About the Author: Rob Silverman
It was 1973 when my dad introduced this 7 year old kid to Baseball and the Mets. It's been a love and passion that has lasted for 40 years, much longer than my first marriage. Since I was little, there've been 2 things I've always dreamed of: 1) Being a successful author and 2) playing right field for the Mets after Rusty Staub retired. Although 4 decades have passed and based on the current condition of the Mets, I have not given up on either dream
Leave a comment
- Metsie: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: That and to make one of their...
- El Sid: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: The original article has been updated. It...
- Joey D.: on Colon Signing Could Elevate Mets To Wild Card Contender Status: HI Trs, I realize I might have mentioned...
- Metsie: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: If they were really concerned about concussions...
- Donal: on Mets Select Right-Handers Seth Rosin, Jon Velasquez, Could Deal Rosin: Perhaps I am over analyzing, but Rubin...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!