A Rift In The Mets Family
Bob Klapish of the Bergen Record revealed some of the internal turmoil going on in the Mets front office where it seems Jeff and Fred Wilpon are conflicted as to how the Mets should move forward. In this quote via MetsBlog, it’s quite clear that nothing has been set in stone yet as many have indicated in the last few days.
“According to those familiar with ownership’s thinking… Jeff Wilpon is said to want to move aggressively in the search for a new executive. Sources say he has “several” candidates in mind who are powerful and experienced enough to re-write the Mets’ business plan. Fred Wilpon, however, has stronger ties to Minaya, and has yet to sign off on a radical change of direction.”
It will be interesting to see which Wilpon wields the most power between father and son and I guess we’ll all find out soon enough.
I have a feeling that Omar Minaya’s ultimate fate could be a big factor with Fred wanting to retain Minaya in some capacity, while Jeff seems to want Minaya fired outright.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- Metsie: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: That's really a trick question 62....I mean...
- wasadeyo: on What Do We Have In Lucas Duda And Is He The Solution At Left Field?: "Luke the Duke's" game will depend on...
- METS62FAN: on Matt Harvey Does It All In Mets 3-2 Win Over Cubs: SORRY, MY FRIENDS, I CAN'T RESIST TWEAKING...
- jdon: on What Do We Have In Lucas Duda And Is He The Solution At Left Field?: I think Lucas is a hitter with...
- Hawk: on Prima Donnas and Clubhouse Chemistry: A Met Perspective: I miss Jose Reyes, I miss his...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!